What freedom means to me


In our country, we have been provided with some fundamental rights which include freedom of many things like education, speech, etc. But are we really given these freedoms? By hearing the word ‘freedom’, people might start making their own perceptions. Some may take it lightly and thus misuse it while the others might take it greatly and make ample use of it. It depends entirely on an individual as to how he wants to take his freedom ahead.

People everywhere dream of freedom. Children might think of freedom as a license to do whatever they feel like without anybody imposing restrictions on them. Teenagers might think of freedom as being able to go to college all by themselves, carrying and showing off their expensive mobile phones and a license of skipping lectures.

I believe that freedom has both – good and bad effects. It can either make or break a person. It can make a person independent but it can also make a person get influenced by wrong company. Freedom to me is to be able to make decisions and choices independently, to be able to breathe freely. As a girl, freedom is one of the most important things in my life to live confidently. By this, I mean, being allowed to choose the career that I want to pursue. By doing so, I’ll be able to give my best in the work assigned.

To me freedom is getting an opportunity to know who I really am and discovering my strengths and weaknesses. This would help me to be strong and face the world without any fears because then I’ll know myself in and out.

To me freedom is living the way I want to, wearing the clothes that I like and am comfortable in, eating what I truly relish, speaking to whomsoever I want to or going to wherever my mind wanders to. This freedom would allow me to be stress free and enjoy each and every second that I live in this world.

Freedom to me is much more than its literal sense. It is the rights that are unconditional and issues to every citizen. To me freedom is to let lower class people actually live their lives without getting insulted or abused. It is to let every child in our country to study so that this world can be transformed into a better place to breathe in.

Freedom is the basis of reason. To be able to question everything before blindly accepting the fate. To question what is right and wrong, without being afraid of any threats. Freedom to me is the only way for a caged bird to achieve happiness, for pet animals to wander about in free space. Freedom is to let them be, without injuring or killing them resulting in an ecological imbalance and loss of natural beauty.

To me freedom is to be able to connect with our responsibilities. By taking charge of things, we get to experience immense happiness and satisfaction. It gives us a chance to know how much work load are we capable of handling at a given point of time and how well are we able to manage the same. 

But does freedom really exist? 

Our country has lost the freedom as time has gone by. To some freedom is still nothing but a dream. We say that we attained freedom a long time ago but are we making effective use of it? 

All this forces me to think about the various people that suffer and the world that continues to neglect them. I can only hope for the best and let time be the one to give freedom to everyone.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Helplessness

Guide: How to make an effective LinkedIn Profile

This is me, Moksha Sharma, a Mumbaikar, Signing Off!!